Link an existing GitLab issue to a security vulnerability
There's currently a way to create a new issue from a vulnerability in the dashboard, but the problem is there's no way (that I could find) to link an existing issue with a vulnerability.
Provide an option to link an existing issue to the vuln.
|No related issues||Adding an issue||Has related issues|
- Add related issues section to vulnerability page
create issuebutton into related issues section header
- Remove 1 issue created from a vulnerability restriction
Add issuebutton into related issues section
- Add issue counter and icon to related issue section
- Add system notes for issue creation in the vulnerability page
- Add system notes for issue linked in the vulnerability page
At the moment there is no reference on the issue page itself of the associated vulnerability. This presents a few challenges, the biggest being the exposure of a vulnerability in a public issue or an issue that should not contain this sensitive information. I think we hold off on that until we have more clarity on the workflow.
What success looks like
Can link a security dashboard vulnerability to an existing issue, rather than only creating a new issue from it.
RelatedIssuecomponent which displays a related issue and all the functionality described in the design frontend
RelatedIssuescomponent which fetches the related issues and contains the
Add Issuebutton inside. frontend
- Write tests for each them
- Add documentation