Attach an epic to an epic
- Attach an epic to an epic.
- It can be in the existing issues list, or a separate epics list. See screenshot below of existing issues list.
- We should have up to 5 levels of epics, but not more.
- The list of child epics should be above the list of child issues.
- Your parent epic is shown in the sidebar under Parent epic. Otherwise, it shows “None”
- When the sidebar is collapsed, use the epics icon.
- This info is read-only, similar to the current
Epiccomponent in the issue sidebar. You cannot assign a parent epic from the sidebar
- An epic can have at most one parent epic.
- If an epic already has a parent epic, and a new parent adopts, the old parent releases the epic.
- The children epics is a given epic are not ordered. There is no requirement in this issue on ordering. So they can appear in any order.
- System notes and notifications are not in scope for this issue.