View fixed vs inherited start and due dates of epics on roadmap
- On the roadmap view, we should allow a user to view the details of the start and due dates of an epic.
- The timeline already shows the dates. But this is approximate, especially if you have a very long length of time on the screen, it is hard to know the exact start and end dates.
- If a user wants to quickly drill down on an epic and know the exact start and end dates, they should be able to do so, without clicking through to the epic. They should be able to see it on the roadmap view itself.
- We can now also have fixed dates versus inherited dates for an epic. So we should also indicate this in the roadmap view. So again, the user can know this information without having to click through to the epic. They can see it on the roadmap view itself.
- In the mockup below, a user mouses over the epic, and this information is shown. Even before mousing over, we can use colors to indicate whether the start date and end date are fixed vs inherited.
- This should be designed in conjunction with https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ee/issues/6802, since there, we are already discussing how to show milestones on the roadmap view.
Final Designs for MVC (as discussed via #7076 (comment 247114594))