Issue board assignee lists
- For both project boards and group boards, have the ability to add "assignee columns".
- Issues that appear in an assignee column are issues in which that user is an assignee.
- The sum of the issue counts remains the same, as the trash icon to remove the list.
- For the tier (as shown in the issue sidebar label), we have this feature, for lower tiers, we do not.
- For a lower tier, you do not show assignee lists.
- If a board previously had an assignee list, but the license of the current GitLab instance has been downgraded, don't show assignee lists (even though they existing in the database).
- For a lower tier, the UI will allow you to add just a label list using the normal dropdown we have today.
Moving issues from the backlog
- Backlog -> Assignee: The assignee is added
- Backlog -> Label: The label is added
- Backlog -> Closed: The issue is closed
Moving issues from an assignee list
- Assignee -> Backlog: The assignee is removed
- Assignee -> Assignee: The first assignee is removed and the second is added
- Assignee -> Label: The assignee is kept and the label is added
- Assignee -> Closed: The issue is closed
Moving issues from a label list
- Label -> Backlog: The label is removed.
- Label -> Assignee: The label is kept and the assignee is added
- Label -> Label: The first label is removed and the second is added
- Label -> Closed: The issue is closed.
Moving issues from the Closed list
- Closed -> Backlog: The issue is reopened
- Closed -> Assignee: The issue is reopened and the assignee is added
- Closed -> Label: The issue is reopened and the label is added
When you click the
Add list button, you get a tabbed dropdown, and
Label list is the default one.
There's a short help text line at the top of each tab. The copy for each of them is:
- Label list: "Label lists show all issues with the selected label."
- Assignee list: "Assignee lists show all issues assigned to the selected user."
|Label list||Assignee List|
Once an assignee list is added, its header shows the user's avatar, full name and
The spec previews can be found here
UX Research results
This page may contain information related to upcoming products, features and functionality. It is important to note that the information presented is for informational purposes only, so please do not rely on the information for purchasing or planning purposes. Just like with all projects, the items mentioned on the page are subject to change or delay, and the development, release, and timing of any products, features, or functionality remain at the sole discretion of GitLab Inc.