🗣️ Workspaces Beta • Feedback issue
Thanks for giving workspaces a try!
In this Beta period, we're anxious to get your feedback and understand how you have successfully (or unsuccessfully) integrated remote development environments into your workflow.
Before you get started
Here are a few things you need to know before you get started:
- This is a feature available to GitLab Premium and Ultimate users, on GitLab.com and self-managed instances
- Our initial solution requires you to bring your own cloud platform to host the workspaces. We will be working toward a GitLab-hosted solution in the future.
Since we don't inject credentials into the workspace (yet), the workspace can't clone a private repository during its creation.As of GitLab 16.4, you can clone private projects and git operations are pre-authenticated! 🎉(Epic)
Where we are headed
Before you provide feedback, here are a handful of things that we absolutely know we need to do so you can use workspaces in a production capacity:
Inject credentials into the workspace and use those to clone private repositories ✅Done
- Improve error handling for troubleshooting workspace failures
Connect to a workspace via SSH ✅Done
- Expand the supported editors to include JetBrains IDEs, vim, Jupyter Notebook (if there are others you want to use, feel free to leave a comment!)
- Configure usage limits at the group or instance level so you can control your members' resource utilization
- Blog posts
- Direction: Remote Development