Add support for embedding cluster metrics
Problem to solve
We support the ability to embed project-specific metrics in markdown.
Currently, this ability does not yet extend to cluster health metrics, which can be managed on a project, group, or instance level.
- Delaney (Development Team Lead)
- Sasha (Software Developer)
- Devon (DevOps Engineer)
- Sidney (Systems Administrator)
When managing an incident, a problem may be wider-spread than a single application. Users may want the ability to point to problems at their source.
- Add ability to link to specific cluster metrics charts via url
- Include panel dropdown comparable to those on metrics dashboard
- Add GFM handling to recognize the alternate route format for cluster metrics
Permissions and Security
Permissions for cluster health metrics can be tighter. Specifically, for an instance-wide cluster, only admins can view the cluster health metrics. Should we consider a shift in our permissions of embedded metrics to enable sharing of data?
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
What is the type of buyer?
Links / references
- Cluster Regex !24601 (merged) (In Review)
- Cluster GFM Banzai filter
- InlineMetricsRedactorFilter changes to handle permissions
- New Embed Service or Ensure 1 of current EmbedService's support metrics by cluster id