[2A] Resolve Sentry error in GitLab from error tracking detail page
Problem to solve
Errors are noisy and plentiful which makes triage processes time-consuming because it is difficult to sort through the cruft to find the critical ones. By providing the ability to resolve an error in the GitLab UI, we give users another tool to clear out errors that have been fixed, allowing them to easily focus on the one's that require fixing.
- Delaney (Development Team Lead)
- Sasha (Software Developer)
- Devon (DevOps Engineer)
- Sidney (Systems Administrator)
This work supports the Error Tracking Vision.
Add the option to resolve Sentry errors in GitLab. It should be available on the detail page in this iteration. Resolving an error should automatically close an associated issue.
For the error detail page, we can add in a new button for
Resolve, which will join the existing
New issue and
|Resolve error on detail view|
- When the resolve button is clicked, the user will be returned to the list view, where the error in question will no longer appear.
- If an issue has been associated with the error, that issue will automatically be closed. We should consider displaying an informational alert letting users know that the "The error has been resolved. The issue linked to that error has also been closed." This message will likely appear on the list view, since users will be directed there as soon as the "resolve" button has been clicked.
- When the issue is closed by the
resolvebutton, we should have the system note mention that the issue was closed by the error resolution. The note should be worded: 'resolved the corresponding error and closed the issue'. It is also okay to break this into a separate tiny iteration but we should try to do our best to prioritize this for %12.7 (Context)