Kubernetes deployments for GitLab Pages
Problem to solve
In order to support Move the cloud native install from
Complete in &2260, GitLab Pages must be configurable as part of the Helm Chart Install. Until we have that, we don't think the cloud native install of GitLab can move to Lovable.
- We need to be able to support GitLab pages deployment on Kubernetes
There are a few dependencies that need to be addressed prior to being able to support GitLab pages in this way
Resolve the Object Storage Support from &1316
- Add support for a zip file storage as a backend in gitlab-pages
- Add support for object storage as a backend in gitlab-pages
- Add ability to create a .zip file during the pages deploy process
- Add ability to deploy to object storage during the pages deploy process
- Create a migration strategy to move sites from file storage to object storage
- May need to create documentation on how to deploy using Kubernetes
- GitLab pages should be successfully deployed using Kubernetes
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
- Increase adoption of GitLab Pages with Kubernetes
What is the type of buyer?
- Enterprise Edition
- Community Edition