Single Level Group Epics for GitLab Premium
Problem to Solve
When I'm trying to coordinate strategy across many project teams, I want to see project level initiatives grouped together and viewable on some sort of timeline, so that I can track progress and understand what is coming up and what is currently in flight.
MVC Proposed Solution:
- GitLab Premium users will have Group Level Epics
- Group Level Epics should be accessible in the same fashion they are for GitLab Ultimate. (Left hand nav items, Epic lists, etc)
- Group level epics cannot have sub-epics nested under them, only issues within the Group
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
- Increase in upgrades to Premium
- Overall # of Epic created at Group level
We need to update our Epic docs to state the availability in
Premium and to clearly state that
Premium users can not nest children epics like
Ultimate users can in https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/group/epics/#relationships-between-epics-and-issues and https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/group/epics/#multi-level-child-epics.
subepicsflag to ulitmate license together with existing
- Update Epic's model method
valid_parent?ee/app/models/ee/epic.rb#L324 to check if
subepicsfeature is available (then we wouldn't have to handle all APIs separately)
- Minor changes on API layer - at least in graphql we expose what features are available for groups - ee/app/graphql/ee/types/group_type.rb#L10
epicsflag from ultimate to premium ee/app/models/license.rb#L43
Interested Customer/Prospect :