Support Approval Rules in Deployment Approval UI
In the initial MVC, both Deployment Executors and Deployment Approvers were managed in the same access level. This could be a problem that Approvers can accidentally gain an access to the critical environment, where they are supposed to approve/reject only. To resolve the problem, we should separate access levels between executors and approvers. For example:
- Production Environment:
- Who can deploy?: @operator-group
- Needs approval for deployment?:
- At least one approval from @qa-tester-group
- At least one approval from @security-group
In the previous issue, we added a API-basis support for the Multi Access Levels. In this issue, we extend the feature to frontend part, so that users can easily interact with the multi access levels.
- Add in table with approvers, approvals, approved by to give those viewing the modal the appropriate information and history behind who has approved, and who still needs to approve.
- Not in scope for this issue: Cleaning up the comments section will be done in Enhance comment section in Deployment Approval ... (#372377)
- Note: The Modal is getting busy! Moving information out of the modal will be handled in: Deployment Detail Page (#360503)
- Modal with all variations can be found here.
This page may contain information related to upcoming products, features and functionality. It is important to note that the information presented is for informational purposes only, so please do not rely on the information for purchasing or planning purposes. Just like with all projects, the items mentioned on the page are subject to change or delay, and the development, release, and timing of any products, features, or functionality remain at the sole discretion of GitLab Inc.