Conan Repository User Interface(C/C++ Package Manager)
Problem to solve
The GitLab Conan Repository allows users to build, publish and share their C/C++ packages right alongside their source code and pipelines. In addition to using the Conan client, users need the ability to view, download and delete their projects packages.
- Delaney (Development Team Lead)
- Sasha (Software Developer)
- Devon (DevOps Engineer)
- Sidney (Systems Administrator)
We will display the following meta data which is passed through from Conan:
- Build type
- Compiler version
- compiler.cppstd (C++ Standard)
- This is a user generated list of key, value pairs included in settings.yml
- Add a front-end to our Conan Repository that will allow users to (via
Packages->List) view, download or delete all of their Conan packages and corresponding metadata.
Permissions and Security
The permissions should follow the same levels as NPM and Maven. At the instance level, any user can view and download packages. But, only developers with permission to the project can upload and delete them.
|Pull from Maven repository or NPM registry or Conan Repository||x||x||x||x|
|Publish to Maven repository or NPM registry or Conan Repository||x||x||x|
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
- Success looks like users of the Conan Repository can discover and download their project's packages
- We can start by tracking page views to