Dogfooding: Adopting Type Incidents in Infrastructure Incident Management
The GitLab infrastructure team has an existing workflow for Incident Management.
The workflow is centered around an issue with an Incident label. We would like for them to use the issue type=Incident.
While there are no major blocker for adoption, some of the workflow relies on less than ideal/janky integrations.
This issue outlines all of the issues we should solve to facilitate the adoption and for the Infra team to get more value out of GitLab Incident issues.
- Changing Severity should trigger a webhook
- Filter Incidents by severity
- Get and set Incident via a Rest API
- Have additional status on Incidents beyond just open/close
- Improve the SLA timer to be able to set different timers by severity
- Review/Corrective Action process
- Add slash command for setting severity