Add Rule based feature flag rollout strategy support
Problem to solve
When selecting a group of users to receive or not receive a feature behind a flag, the current implementation doe not allow creating such a group according to a set of rules.
We currently support userids - which forces the user to manually add the user ids. We are adding support for groups #13308 (closed) but these groups serve as a container for user ids. We need to add support for "smart" grouping or rule based.
Our own growth team
Release managers Customer support engineers Developers developing behind feature flags QA engineers
Such use cases could be
- releasing features to based on tiers
- releasing features based on domain ([email protected])
- releasing features based on geo location
- releasing features based on the membership date
- releasing features based on the number of repos/projects (or equivalent)
Since we are using Unleash which treats userids as 3rd party - any rule created must have some kind of API to get the response needed in order to determine whether or not a user fits in a specific rule
Allow the user to create a group based on rules (UX needed)
Permissions and Security
Azure DevOps implementation