Demo project that shows all Dependency Scanning features
Problem to solve
There's a need for a demo project that demonstrates all Dependency Scanning (DS) features:
- Support engineers need a way to quickly check that DS features work properly on a GitLab installation.
- Developers working on the DS features need a project with data.
The demo project would have:
- DS jobs for all supported languages and package managers
- Dependency List with DS vulnerabilities
- Vulnerability Report page with DS vulnerabilities
- Auto-remediation for DS vulnerabilities
dependency-scanningproject under https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/security-products/tests
- add CI config and enable Dependency Scanning in this new project
- copy files from Dependency Scanning test projects or use git submodules
- add README to communicate the purpose of the project, and how to maintain it
- announce in weekly meeting
- announce in Slack channel