Remove `:pick_into_project` feature flag
:pick_into_project feature flag ...
- Most appropriate slack channel to reach out to:
- Best individual to reach out to: @jerasmus @igor.drozdov
What are we expecting to happen?
Enables the ability to pick into a project.
What might happen if this goes wrong?
Users might not be able to cherry-pick commits via the UI.
If applicable, any groups/projects that are happy to have this feature turned on early. Some organizations may wish to test big changes they are interested in with a small subset of users ahead of time for example.
Roll Out Steps
Enable on staging (
/chatops run feature set feature_name true --staging)
- Test on staging
- Ensure that documentation has been updated
Enable on GitLab.com for individual groups/projects listed above and verify behaviour (
/chatops run feature set --project=gitlab-org/gitlab feature_name true)
Coordinate a time to enable the flag with the SRE oncall and release managers
@release-managers. Once an SRE on call and Release Manager on call confirm, you can proceed with the rollout
- Announce on the issue an estimated time this will be enabled on GitLab.com
Enable on GitLab.com by running chatops command in
/chatops run feature set feature_name true)
Cross post chatops Slack command to
#support_gitlab-com(more guidance when this is necessary in the dev docs) and in your team channel
- Announce on the issue that the flag has been enabled
- Remove feature flag and add changelog entry. Ensure that the feature flag definition YAML file has been removed in the same MR that is removing the feature flag from the code
After the flag removal is deployed, clean up the feature flag by running chatops command in
- This feature can be disabled by running the following Chatops command:
/chatops run feature set --project=gitlab-org/gitlab pick_into_project false