[Feature flag] Rollout of `dora_daily_metrics`
:dora_daily_metrics feature flag ...
- Most appropriate slack channel to reach out to:
- Best individual to reach out to: @shinya.maeda
What are we expecting to happen?
By enabling this feature flag,
Dora::DailyMetrics::RefreshWorker starts collecting DORA daily metrics when a deployment job succeeded.
You can see the full implementation in this MR.
What might happen if this goes wrong?
In case there is an logical failure or edge case on the worker, the worker will fail to complete the process by raising an error.
What can we monitor to detect problems with this?
We can detect the problems by monitoring the exception spike on Sentry.
If applicable, any groups/projects that are happy to have this feature turned on early. Some organizations may wish to test big changes they are interested in with a small subset of users ahead of time for example.
Roll Out Steps
Enable on staging (
/chatops run feature set dora_daily_metrics true --staging)
- Test on staging
- [-] Ensure that documentation has been updated => documentation will be added upon the feature flag removal.
Enable on GitLab.com for individual groups/projects listed above and verify behaviour (
/chatops run feature set --project=gitlab-org/gitlab dora_daily_metrics true)
Coordinate a time to enable the flag with the SRE oncall and release managers
@release-managers. Once an SRE on call and Release Manager on call confirm, you can proceed with the rollout
- Announce on the issue an estimated time this will be enabled on GitLab.com
Enable on GitLab.com by running chatops command in
/chatops run feature set dora_daily_metrics true)
Cross post chatops Slack command to
#support_gitlab-com(more guidance when this is necessary in the dev docs) and in your team channel
- Announce on the issue that the flag has been enabled
- Remove feature flag and add changelog entry. Ensure that the feature flag definition YAML file has been removed in the same MR that is removing the feature flag from the code
After the flag removal is deployed, clean up the feature flag by running chatops command in
- This feature can be disabled by running the following Chatops command:
/chatops run feature set --project=gitlab-org/gitlab dora_daily_metrics false