Service Desk integration with ServiceNow
Problem to solve
For a customer who currently uses ServiceNow as a front-end to user requests and GitLab for DevOps, it would be beneficial to allow the closure of a GitLab issue to close the original ServiceNow ticket.
- Ticket comes in via ServiceNow and is triaged
- Issue is created in GitLab
- Issue is resolved in GitLab
- Would be nice to have callback to close ServiceNow ticket
Utilize ServiceNow API to close the ticket upon closure of the GitLab issue.
Permissions and Security
No permissions / security concerns
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
- Successfully close ServiceNow tickets via the closure of a GitLab issue.
- Adoption by customers who utilize ServiceNow
What is the type of buyer?
GitLab Premium users, as this offers similar benefits as our Service Desk feature.