Display 'License-Check' approval rule in the license compliance section
Problem to solve
License-Check can only be done in settings > general > MR approvals. Additionally, the feature is not visible in the UI. Activating the
License-Check currently the only enforcement that will disallow an MR when a license is "Denied".
Context: this issue is based on discovery work done in https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ee/issues/12941, where a policies section was added to license compliance.
- Compliance Role wants to see that they are following policies that have been set, edit policies as needed, and set policies for unclassified licenses.
- Delaney (Development Team Lead)
- Sasha (Software Developer)
- Sam (Security Analyst)\
- Legal and/or person responsible for orgs compliance
Display in License Compliance > Policies
License-Check: 1) ability to edit/on/off the check, 2) notify the user when
license-check is activated (add tooltip as seen in the MR)
Permissions and Security
- Developer view may see license check is active, but can't adjust them (link leads to documentation)
- Maintainer may view/add/edit/delete license check
- Will need to update
License-Checkdocumentation, citing location in License Compliance > Policies
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
- User is aware of what
License-Checkis and how it affects their project
- User navigates to this section when tasked with setting up
- User is able to successfully enable/disable/edit
What is the type of buyer?
Links / references
#13067 (closed) adds the ability to use the 'License-Check' approval rule
Clickable mocks at: #6924 (comment 193704556)