Match existing users to Epics
Problem to Solve
When epics are migrated from one instance to another as part of the Group Migration, the importer user is set as the author for the epic, any comments, events, and emojis. This means that we lose information during the migration, which is not acceptable as we are looking to replace the Group Export/Import, which already matches any existing users.
Match the users by email and set the epic author, as well as the authors for any comments, events, and emojis in that epic. This solution would only match existing users. If a user doesn't exist (no match), we will continue to use the importer user as the author.
- Use primary email to match users.
- If a user can't be matched by primary email, use secondary email.
- If a user can't be matched by either email, use the importer user.
- Set the author for epics, epic comments, events, and emojis.
Once #299415 is completed and group members information is available we should be able to:
- Add author information to GraphQL query of Epic Pipeline
- Add EpicAuthor transformer to locate a user within the group's members and replace it with it's