[Feature flag] Delete flag 'Restrict access to jobs that use `CI_DEBUG_TRACE=True`'
:restrict_access_to_build_debug_mode feature flag. The flag is on by default.
- Team: verify:continuous integration
- Most appropriate slack channel to reach out to:
- Best individual to reach out to: Allison Browne
What are we expecting to happen?
What might happen if this goes wrong?
What can we monitor to detect problems with this?
If applicable, any groups/projects that are happy to have this feature turned on early. Some organizations may wish to test big changes they are interested in with a small subset of users ahead of time for example.
Roll Out Steps
- [-] Confirm that QA tests pass with the feature flag enabled (if you're unsure how, contact the relevant stable counterpart in the Quality department)
- [-] Enable on staging (
/chatops run feature set feature_name true --staging)
- [-] Test on staging
- [-] Ensure that documentation has been updated
- [-] Enable on GitLab.com for individual groups/projects listed above and verify behaviour (
/chatops run feature set --project=gitlab-org/gitlab feature_name true)
- [-] Coordinate a time to enable the flag with the SRE oncall and release managers
@release-managers. Once an SRE on call and Release Manager on call confirm, you can proceed with the rollout
- [-] Announce on the issue an estimated time this will be enabled on GitLab.com
- [-] Enable on GitLab.com by running chatops command in
/chatops run feature set feature_name true)
- [-] Cross post chatops Slack command to
#support_gitlab-com(more guidance when this is necessary in the dev docs) and in your team channel
- [-] Announce on the issue that the flag has been enabled
Remove feature flag and add changelog entry
After the flag removal is deployed, clean up the feature flag by running chatops command in
Note: Skipped many steps skipped due to the flag being enabled by default
This feature can be disabled by running the following Chatops command:
/chatops run feature set --project=gitlab-org/gitlab feature_name false