[Feature flag] Enable ci_allow_failure_with_exit_codes
:ci_allow_failure_with_exit_codes feature flag
- Most appropriate slack channel to reach out to:
- Best individual to reach out to:
What are we expecting to happen?
What might happen if this goes wrong?
What can we monitor to detect problems with this?
If applicable, any groups/projects that are happy to have this feature turned on early. Some organizations may wish to test big changes they are interested in with a small subset of users ahead of time for example.
Roll Out Steps
- Confirm that QA tests pass with the feature flag enabled (if you're unsure how, contact the relevant stable counterpart in the Quality department)
Enable on staging (
/chatops run feature set feature_name true --staging)
- Test on staging
- Ensure that documentation has been updated
Enable on GitLab.com for individual groups/projects listed above and verify behaviour (
/chatops run feature set --project=gitlab-org/gitlab feature_name true)
Coordinate a time to enable the flag with the SRE oncall and release managers
@release-managers. Once an SRE on call and Release Manager on call confirm, you can proceed with the rollout
- Announce on the issue an estimated time this will be enabled on GitLab.com
Enable on GitLab.com by running chatops command in
/chatops run feature set feature_name true)
Cross post chatops Slack command to
#support_gitlab-com(more guidance when this is necessary in the dev docs) and in your team channel
- Announce on the issue that the flag has been enabled
- Remove feature flag and add changelog entry
After the flag removal is deployed, clean up the feature flag by running chatops command in
- This feature can be disabled by running the following Chatops command:
/chatops run feature set ci_allow_failure_with_exit_codes false