[Feature flag] Rollout threat_monitoring_alerts feature
:threat_monitoring_alerts feature flag
- Most appropriate slack channel to reach out to:
- Best individual to reach out to: @aturinske
What are we expecting to happen?
- when a user navigates to
Security & Compliance -> Threat Monitoring, there is an alert tab that displays alerts
What might happen if this goes wrong?
- that page will not load
- a user may not be able to navigate to any of the existing tabs on that page
What can we monitor to detect problems with this?
#g_protect_container_securityslack channel for complaints
- Which dashboards from https://dashboards.gitlab.net are most relevant?
If applicable, any groups/projects that are happy to have this feature turned on early. Some organizations may wish to test big changes they are interested in with a small subset of users ahead of time for example.
Enable on a test project in staging for various interested parties to track progress (
/chatops run feature set --project=defend-team-test/network-policy-demo threat_monitoring_alerts true --staging)
- Rollback command:
/chatops run feature set --project=defend-team-test/network-policy-demo threat_monitoring_alerts false --staging
- Rollback command:
Roll Out Steps
- Confirm that QA tests pass with the feature flag enabled (if you're unsure how, contact the relevant stable counterpart in the Quality department)
Enable on staging (
/chatops run feature set threat_monitoring_alerts true --staging)
- Test on staging
- Ensure that documentation has been updated; see #299941 (closed)
Enable on GitLab.com for individual groups/projects listed above and verify behaviour (
/chatops run feature set --project=gitlab-org/gitlab threat_monitoring_alerts true)
Coordinate a time to enable the flag with the SRE oncall and release managers
@release-managers. Once an SRE on call and Release Manager on call confirm, you can proceed with the rollout
- Announce on the issue an estimated time this will be enabled on GitLab.com
Enable on GitLab.com by running chatops command in
/chatops run feature set threat_monitoring_alerts true)
Cross post chatops Slack command to
#support_gitlab-com(more guidance when this is necessary in the dev docs) and in your team channel
- Announce on the issue that the flag has been enabled
- Remove feature flag and add changelog entry
After the flag removal is deployed, clean up the feature flag by running chatops command in
- This feature can be disabled by running the following Chatops command:
/chatops run feature set --project=gitlab-org/gitlab threat_monitoring_alerts false