gitlab-ci.yml can’t have more than 50 includes
.gitlab-ci.yml has 51 includes. Version 11.9 introduced a breaking change that disallows this.
Steps to reproduce
.gitlab-ci.yml with more than 50 includes.
The affected pipeline shows the error message.
What is the current bug behavior?
The yaml validation fails with
Maximum of 50 nested includes are allowed!
What is the expected correct behavior?
The yaml validation does not fail with
Maximum of 50 nested includes are allowed!, but runs my pipeline instead.
- We very explicitly decided to have more than 50 includes in our
- The limit of 50 includes seems very arbitrary
- If the limit of 50 includes makes sense by default, it should at least be configurable
Output of checks
This bug happens on GitLab.com
- Remove this seemingly arbitrary limitation
- Make the limit configurable
- Don’t introduce breaking changes in minor versions (imho, this is a breaking change as a working pipeline is not running anymore after updating to an affected version)