Implementation: Show total group count for users in admin users table [Frontend]
Problem to solve
In #249589 (closed) we added a GraphQL endpoint to get the
The total group count for each user should be shown in the admin/users table.
Dependant on Convert Admin "Users" view from HAML to Vue &4683.
Parent epic: &4432 (closed)
Show the truncated total number of authorized
Groups for each user.
- Asynchronously fetch and display the
user_group_countsfor all users using the GraphQL API #249589 (closed).
- Important: This should be fetched independently of other user data due to the performance concerns noted below.
- Suggestion: Use a skeleton loader as a placeholder while the content is busy loading.
- Administrator users can access the group count of all users in the system.
- Non-administrator users can access the group count of only self
The feature is gated behind the flag:
user_group_counts, and is disabled by default.
The additional complexity for group count is due to the performance concerns we've dicussed here and discovered in !39581 (comment 399390950), and the implementation is based on database and frontend maintainer feedback with the intent to get the page time below
100ms by asynchronously loading the