OPNFV | Evaluation Tracker
OPNFV has been using self hosted Gerrit and Jenkins as its CI/CD tool. The LFN has been looking at a migration to GitLab in order to take advantage of the cloud hosting and additional features provided.
Selected projects in OPNFV have volunteered to evaluate GitLab and report back to the TSC on their findings.
- Feature comparison with Gerrit/Jenkins
- Additional security scanning and reports
- Code coverage and unit test reports
- Post build product test reports (system tests)
- Trend reports of test results leading up to a release
- Timeline - already under way, with a target to report back to OPNFV TSC by December 2020
- Product. - GitLab Gold/Ultimate
- Project's License. Apache License, Version 2.0. (https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/DEV/Licensing+in+OPNFV)
Current Tooling and Replacements
|Tool||Feature||GitLab feature||GitLab edition|
|Gerrit||Code review and patch management||GitLab merge requests||CE|
|Jenkins||CI/CD execution environment||GitLab CI||EE|
|Python nosetests||Code coverage and NUnit test output||N/A||N/A|
|Jenkins Coberatura Plugin||Code coverage report and trend report||Pages ^1||CE|
|Jenkins JUnit Plugin||Unit test report and trend report||Pages ^1||CE|
|Docker Hub||Final publication of images||Project registry, still be to decided on how/when to publish to dockerhub||EE|
Notes ^1 no replacement found for trend reports
- Mark Beierl, Senior Engineer, StorPerf PTL end to end evaluation, @markbeierl
- Trevor Bramwell, , LFN support staff and support for evaluation, @bramwelt
- Aric Gardiner, , LFN support staff and support for evaluation, @agardner1
- [ ]
- [ ]
Important but not urgent
How to have job run when it is pre-merge vs a job that runs only on post-merge. For example, on post-merge we want to push to docker hub, but before the MR is merged, it should only push images to the local container repository.
This can be done by checking if the target branch is protected. If it is, then push to dockerhub on merge.
How can I do a docker registry pull without credentials? Having to create secrets for K8s is not ideal
Nice to have
- [ ]