Approvals in Merge Requests for Coverage
Problem to solve
As a director I want my teams to be able to keep moving on critical issues without having to increase test coverage in some cases, so we can ship critical bug fixes/patches quickly.
- Delaney (Development Team Lead) - who will setup the feature and likely provide the approvals.
User experience goal(s)
- A user can enable approvals within an project in the GitLab UI similar to Security Approvals
- A user who is setup for an approval can override an MR that is blocked by a coverage rule in the Merge Request
- A user who is working on an MR that is blocked can see who eligible approvers are
- Add a rule type for "coverage" that is triggered when the "enforce_coverage" rule is present in a job.
Permissions and Security
Availability & Testing
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
What is the type of buyer?
Is this a cross-stage feature?
Yes, since this involves MRs and MR approval it will cross withof the Create stage.