Implementation: Generate a commit SHA-specific chain of custody report [Frontend]
Problem to solve
User experience goal
group owner input a specific commimt SHA into a chain of custody download prompt and receive a CSV report in the same format, but which shows the MR, pipeline, author, approver, etc for that specific commit SHA.
- Cameron (Compliance Manager)
- Delaney (Development Team Lead)
- Sasha (Software Developer)
- Sidney (Systems Administrator)
- Rachel (Release Manager)
Update the chain of custody report to filter the criteria to show only data points related to the specific commit SHA provided by a user.
group ownerclicks on the
exportbutton and sees a prompt
- Their options could be:
[List of all merge requests]or
[ Search Commit SHA]
- Using the second option, they input
1a2bc3to find a commit sha report
- They receive the same report as we've built in #213364 (closed), but it would show only data related to the specific commit SHA
|Empty State||Error||Long hash|
- Change the
List all merge commitsbutton to a button with dropdown with the new input form.
- On input done, check if the hash is valid with a simple regular expression.
- On export click, submit the commit hash to the