Show a file has codequality data on MR diff view
Problem to solve
As a code reviewer, I want to see on the Changes tab of an MR if a file has code quality alerts, so I can click back to the MR widget only when needed to stay focused.
User experience goal
- If a file in the MR Diff view has a code quality entry in the MR Widget add a badge with some helper text of "There are new or resolved code quality violations in this file due to changes in this Merge Request"
- Maybe make this a linked badge that navigates back to the MR main page and code quality widget on click
MR Widget, if there's a reference to a file in this in the diff
Show a badge here that alerts the user to that fact as noted above.
This is an iteration towards showing the notices inline and is short term / will be removed when that is done.
Permissions and Security
- Add to the existing documentation page that Code Quality notifications now appear on the Changes tab of a Merge Request. Doesn't need to include a screenshot until we have the fully rolled out feature.
Availability & Testing
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
- Documentation is written about what needs to be uploaded on source/target branch pipelines to invoke the feature
- Barebones documentation about the feature is in place to reduce deletions when full feature is present
- When a source file has a new or resolved code quality violation there is a badge/treatment about that on the MR Diff View
Measures of success
- None for this - full measures of success of this feature are noted in #2526