Design: Security & Compliance page for core users
Problem to solve
The current landing page for the Security & Compliance page for core users has proven very effective, but now that SAST has moved to core, we don't currently have a way of enabling SAST easily in the UI. We need to offer this path in addition to the incentive to upgrade (and/or start a free trial) so that more users use SAST and see the value that GitLab's Secure features have to offer.
User experience goal
- Give users a path to enabling SAST from the UI
- Show the value in upgrading to Gold/ Ultimate
1. Keep Security Configuration page, with the following changes:
- Update screenshots
- Add an "info" alert which includes a link to the Configuration page (see image below)
- @kcomoli and @s_awezec will continue to own this page, so we're requesting their team to make these changes
2. Add a Configuration page, where user can enable SAST from within the UI. Clicking
Upgrade or free trial text link takes user back to Security Dashboard page.
- Owned and built by SAST team
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
What is the type of buyer?
Core, Starter, Premium (self-managed) and Free, Bronze, and Silver (Gitlab.com) accounts
Is this a cross-stage feature?
/cc @gitlab-com/gitlab-ux/growth-ux @kcomoli (who designed the original page, see https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/uploads/01e49f6ee5a3c55d6b6a1662c15b1e4b/screenshot-2020-01-31-09-46-40.png)
- Do we/ can we consider A/B testing two design variations?