Show DAG relationships in the pipeline view
Problem to solve
Allow users to track the progress of their jobs (explore adding tracker/message) and understand dependencies easily when using the pipeline view. This could be achieved by bringing in some capabilities from the DAG view.
- Sasha (Software Developer)
- Devon (DevOps Engineer)
- Simone (Software Engineer in Test)
- Allison (Application Ops)
User experience goal
Improve DAG experience based on feedback gathered from the beta in the issue #220368 (closed).
- The When
needsis used, the default view for the pipeline visualization would be based 'Organized by needs' (or DAG). But users would still have the option to toggle back to 'Organize by Stage' view
- In the absence of 'needs' the default view would be 'Organize by stage' and the option to toggle would not be available
- The connections between the jobs would always persist, in a non-overwhelming way. While hovering over a job, the train of jobs that depends on it would be highlighted along with the connection between them