Roll out the feature flag for tracking action active monthly stats
:track_unique_actions feature flag
- Team: Source Code
- Most appropriate slack channel to reach out to:
- Best individual to reach out to: Marc Shaw
No change to behaviour for pushing, changing wiki pages, and changing design management related actions.
What might happen if this goes wrong?
Post receive hook isn't run for pushing, wiki pages and design management changes or it is slightly slower to do these actions.
What can we monitor to detect problems with this?
Sentry, Kibana (to check for json.path:"/api/v4/internal/post_receive" and not json:status 200) and grafana to check the performance impact on the end point.
Roll Out Steps
- Enable on staging
- Test on staging
- Ensure that documentation has been updated
- Enable on GitLab.com for individual groups/projects listed above and verify behaviour
Coordinate a time to enable the flag with
- Announce on the issue an estimated time this will be enabled on GitLab.com
Enable on GitLab.com by running chatops command in
Cross post chatops slack command to
#support_gitlab-com(more guidance when this is necessary in the dev docs) and in your team channel
- Announce on the issue that the flag has been enabled
- Remove feature flag and add changelog entry
After the flag removal is deployed, clean up the feature flag by running chatops command in