[Feature flag] Enable keeping latest artifact for ref
:destroy_only_unlocked_expired_artifacts feature flags.
- Team: CI
- Most appropriate slack channel to reach out to:
- Best individual to reach out to: @matteeyah
What are we expecting to happen?
- All new pipelines should have
- When a pipeline succeeds it should unlock previous pipelines for the same ref
- When destroying artifacts, only artifacts whose pipelines are unlocked should be destroyed
What might happen if this goes wrong?
ExpireBuildArtifactsWorkermight start failing due to database timeouts
Ci::PipelineSuccessUnlockArtifactsWorkermight start failing due to database timeouts
Ci::RefDeleteUnlockArtifactsWorkermight start failing due to database timeouts
What can we monitor to detect problems with this?
- Small sample project
Roll Out Steps
Enable on staging
Test on staging
Ensure that documentation has been updated
Coordinate a time to enable the flag with
Announce on the issue an estimated time this will be enabled on GitLab.com
Enable on GitLab.com by running chatops command in
Cross post chatops slack command to
#support_gitlab-com(more guidance when this is necessary in the dev docs) and in your team channel
Announce on the issue that the flag has been enabled
Remove feature flag and add changelog entry
After the flag removal is deployed, clean up the feature flag by running chatops command in