[Feature flag] Enable keeping latest artifact for ref
:destroy_only_unlocked_expired_artifacts feature flags.
- Team: CI
- Most appropriate slack channel to reach out to:
- Best individual to reach out to: @matteeyah
What are we expecting to happen?
- All new pipelines should have
- When a pipeline succeeds it should unlock previous pipelines for the same ref
- When destroying artifacts, only artifacts whose pipelines are unlocked should be destroyed
What might happen if this goes wrong?
ExpireBuildArtifactsWorkermight start failing due to database timeouts
Ci::PipelineSuccessUnlockArtifactsWorkermight start failing due to database timeouts
Ci::RefDeleteUnlockArtifactsWorkermight start failing due to database timeouts
What can we monitor to detect problems with this?
- Small sample project
Roll Out Steps
- Enable on staging
- Test on staging
- Ensure that documentation has been updated
Coordinate a time to enable the flag with
- Announce on the issue an estimated time this will be enabled on GitLab.com
Enable on GitLab.com by running chatops command in
Cross post chatops slack command to
#support_gitlab-com(more guidance when this is necessary in the dev docs) and in your team channel
- Announce on the issue that the flag has been enabled
- Remove feature flag and add changelog entry
After the flag removal is deployed, clean up the feature flag by running chatops command in