Redesign for actions in dashboards header (OOTB dashboards vs. custom dashboards)
- move "Star dashboard", "Add metric" and "Edit dashboard" inside of the actions menu
- conditionally show and/or display a disabled (i.e. greyed out) state for some items in the actions menu based on the current dashboard being OOTB or custom
- replace the current icon of the actions menu with a hamburger icon
Action menu item states
These are the states of the actions menu items based on whether the current dashboard is OOTB or custom.
|Edit dashboard YAML||OOTB/Custom||OOTB||This is rendered but disabled in OOTB in order to entice users to create a new dashboard and edit it|
|Duplicate current dashboard||OOTB||n/a||In the future the Custom dashboards will also be duplicatable|
|Star dashboard||OOTB/Custom||n/a||Text toggles between Star dashboard / Unstar dashboard|
|Create new dashboard||OOTB/Custom||n/a|
|OOTB dashboard||Custom dashboard|
This an Implementation issue for #220931 (closed). This issue is critical to allow us to implement add data to a custom dashboard, if designs need to be prioritized we should implement the custom dashboard actions first and OOTB dashboard second.
- The "Add panel" action MVC will be implemented in custom dashboards in 13.3.
- Actions that are unavailable in the Default dashboard should be disabled and have a tooltip on hover.