GitLab.com Runners for Self-Managed: Customer Research Questionnaire
This research questionnaire issue is meant to supplement the Google form that we initially created to gather customer feedback on the concept of using GitLab hosted Runners for self-managed. In some cases customers cannot open links such as Google forms, so this issue provides another option by which we can gather feedback from customers.
Add a comment to this issue with your responses to the research questions below.
Gitlab.com provides on-demand, cloud-based Runners that run each CI job on a new virtual machine (VM) that is discarded immediately after the job is complete. These on-demand Runners, are not currently available for users of self-managed GitLab instances. For additional details on this concept, refer to the description in the epic.
- Would you be interested in using these on-demand runners on your self-managed instance so that you don't have to manage your own fleet? YES or NO ?
- What is the most important reason for your answer?
- Would you see yourself using a service like this only during initial setup, only once everything is up and running, or both? a) Initial setup b) Only once everything is up and running c) Both
- Why would you use this service in that instance(s)?
- What concerns or blockers would you have around purchasing on-demand runners on a subscription basis?
- If these weren't under your direct control, how would that affect your decision to use them?
- If they weren't in your own data center, how would that affect your decision to use them?
- Would you require that on-demand Runners be hosted only in the European Union? YES or NO ?
- What, if any, security, networking, compliance, or other obstacles would you have in using this service?
- What other feedback, questions, or comments would you like to share about this potential feature