`:release` node in `.gitlab-ci.yml` always requires `script`
In examples, discussions and test specs, the
:release node has always had a
script entry. In fact a release job does not need a script node to run, although is may optionally use one.
If however the
script node is left out of the yml, it is invalid.
The documentation states that
script is always required.
Steps to reproduce
(How one can reproduce the issue - this is very important)
- example project without script
- the job does not validate as all just must have a script
- example project with script
- the example script is unneeded to create the release in this case
- the message displayed about invalid yml is because the feature flag is not turned on. This yml validates on a local instance with the flag flipped.
script node optional for jobs with a