Add configuration options to the edit board modal
Problem to solve
Closedlists can possibly inherit more epics (aka swimlanes) into the board than a user expects.
- Independent of swimlanes- users perhaps don't even wish to use the
Closedswimlanes, as they are using another construct or flow and would like to use their own labels for these states.
Hiding a list entirely
The open column makes sense mostly for backlog management as we don’t have this elsewhere in the product. We could potentially be forcing users in to a construct they do not follow, however a “true” kanban flow / CI flow needs this, so we shouldn’t entirely remove it.
Open and closed list
Engineers don’t always close issue, goes into production- which causes confusion. Needs to match filtering and perhaps have a custom closed state (ie production instead of put in workflow production AND close). All the other lists are based on label, not state.
When monitoring a team's work in flight, I need to be able to easily review and digest the current progress so that I can confidently report to stakeholders and leadership.
User experience goal
Users are able to build their own workflows, and focus on swimlanes/epics that are relevant to them.
- Add a section right under
- Title this section
Board configuration options
- This section has 3 options for MVC:
- Hide labels, Hide the Open list, Hide the Closed list
- The open list option hides the open list from the board view and no longer inherits those epics and issues into the board, the closed list option hides the closed list from the board view and no longer inherits those epics and issues into the board