Show Failed tests only by default on JUnit report
Problem to solve
When reviewing unit test results in pipeline view I have to scroll through all successful tests to manually locate failures. There is no merge request for this build.
- Delaney (Development Team Lead)
- Sasha (Software Developer)
- Devon (DevOps Engineer)
- Sidney (Systems Administrator)
- Sam (Security Analyst)
- Rachel (Release Manager)
- Alex (Security Operations Engineer)
User experience goal
Except for when testing whether newly authored tests are running at all - I am most interested in failures.
If from a pipeline => Test view I click a test file - only expand failures.
Have another control to expand all.
Or have the top column headings clickable (all tests and failures are already listed there as summary items)
Quick access to the information that matters - even if I don't have an MR.
Permissions and Security
- Update documentation for the feature to call out new control to toggle failed / all tests and default state.
Availability & Testing
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
- This feature will be successful if the tests tab can load for the gitlab-org project showing the failed tests only in about 10 seconds.
- This feature will be successful if it increases page views of the Tests tab by 10% within 60 days of deployment to gitlab.com
What is the type of buyer?
Is this a cross-stage feature?
Links / references
Implementation of this will require faster retrieval of JUnit results than is currently possible. Improvements are being addressed in &3198 (closed)