FY21-Q2 IACV - UX :: Make it easier to remove labels from issues
Problem to solve
Currently, when attempting to remove a label from an issue the following steps must take place:
- Select "edit" in the sidebar
- Search/browse for the specific label
- Select the label
- Deselect the search box to remove the label from the UI
User experience goal
Reduce friction in the user's flow by minimizing the steps required to do this simple task.
When I am refining an issue by applying appropriate labels. I want to remove some labels. So I can ensure the issue appears in the correct filters.
When I am setting the status of an issue. I want to remove a workflow label. So I can make sure the status of the issue is clear to Parker [Parker (Product Manager)](https://about.gitlab.com/handbook/marketing/product-marketing/roles-personas/#parker-product-manager).
(This design is based off of the proposal here)
Please use the Pajamas token specs for size of the X.
Is this a cross-stage feature?
Yes. The ability to more easily remove labels will also appear on Merge Requests.
Links / references
- Show applied labels at the top to at least reduce the need to browse the list
- Remove filter functionality on-click and instead make a click disassociate the label from that issue. (Would need to understand: Is it really adding value to make the label's on-click functionality take the user to a new screen that shows all issues filtered by that label? This would be changing an existing user pattern to a very different flow. What is the expectation on the user's part for clicking on labels within issues?)
- Display an X-to-remove or single click removal process