FY21-Q2 IACV - UX :: Sticky Issue Titles
Problem to solve
People can't see the issue title as they scroll through the issue. This causes them to lose track of the issue topic as they read through a long description, related issues/MRs, and the discussion threads.
User experience goal
When I am reading into a longer issue. I want to know the title of the issue. So I can keep track of the issue purpose.
- Title and status should display. Title should be 14px bold and when clicked, should take the user back to the top of the page
(Note: There's a small jump the first time the header animates in, this is something weird with the prototype and not desired behavior. It should smoothly animate in/out as the scrolling occurs.)
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
Sasha should be able to keep track of the issue subject without having to scroll up to see it.
Links / references
|Issue Name / Summary||Issue Link||Notes|
|UX: Sticky issue/merge request headers||gitlab-foss#45859 (moved)|
|Show issue title when browsing through comments||#24018|
Out of scope changes for this issue:
- Issue status in sticky title region
- Edit button in sticky issue title region
- Sticky navigation tabs in sticky issue title region
- Other issuables (e.g., Epics and MRs)