Edit alert attributes in list view
Problem to solve
When triaging alerts in a list it can be disorienting and cost the responder more time if they have to click into each additional alert and be taken to a completely new page to view additional details or simply change the severity/status. We can streamline triage workflows by giving the responder the ability to view additional alert details (that the list view table does not have space for) and take simple actions such as updating different attributes all while remaining in context to their list of alerts
This work drives the direction of the Alert Management category.
For a first iteration we can:
- Introduce a drawer in the alert list view, similar to what happens on the Issue Boards page.
- Move the existing status dropdown within it.
This will create space for us to add additional actions (add assignees, update severity, add annotations) in future. Adding assignee to this drawer is part of a separate issue, #215947 (closed).
|Default view (status dropdown removed)||Introduce row hover state, with icon button on hover||Introduce button tooltip||Open drawer state||Status dropdown within drawer||Save button activated when changes are made||Success alert|
- Hovering over a row introduces a blue hover state, and an icon button.
- Hovering over the icon button introduces a tooltip.
- Clicking on the alert row take the user to the detail page.
- Clicking icon button opens alert drawer.
- After the user clicks save, the drawer will automatically close, and the row will update. We can optionally show a "success" alert message letting users know the alert has been updated.