CI View for cobertura coverage reports
Problem to solve
As a developer, I want to see coverage reports generated in a pipeline in the GitLab UI, so I can find files with low coverage without having to open another tool.
- Sasha (Software Developer) - who will look at the coverage report in the context of the pipeline/MR.
User experience goal
A user should be able to use the GitLab UI for a pipeline that has a cobertura coverage report to see the contents of the report.
- Use the existing pipeline artifact from cobertura parsing to get the data.
- Add a page for the report contents. The MVC may contain Lines of Coverage, Branch Coverage for each package, similar to the html report Cobertura will generate.
Some use cases:
- I want to see how coverage changed only in the files changed in this commit
- I want to see how coverage changed for both lines and methods in this commit
- Add documentation to test coverage visualization page about usage.
Availability & Testing
- If this a new page we don't have to worry about performance to much so long as it doesn't slow down the pipeline page.
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
- For this MVC we want the page to populate in less than 5 seconds
- For this MVC we want to gather feedback from GitLab internal stakeholders about how this can replace the cobertura report uploaded to pages.
What is the type of buyer?
The developer as this is only in the context of the pipeline.
Is this a cross-stage feature?
Links / references
This page may contain information related to upcoming products, features and functionality. It is important to note that the information presented is for informational purposes only, so please do not rely on the information for purchasing or planning purposes. Just like with all projects, the items mentioned on the page are subject to change or delay, and the development, release, and timing of any products, features, or functionality remain at the sole discretion of GitLab Inc.