Allow user to drill down to a chart - MVC1
On our metrics dashboard we would like to provide the ability to drill from one chart to another chart, dashboard, or any URL.
As a user, I would like to be able to drill from my chart to another chart, dashboard, or a related third party URL, while preserving the same context, by retaining the same time range currently selected on the dashboard and the environment selection when drilling into charts and dashboards
Proposal - MVC1
- For discoverability, when there are links set up for the chart, we should show pointing hover cursor on hover within the chart
- Users can attach related links to their chart in the dashboard.yml file, they'll need to provide the Title and URL fields for each link.
- When no links are defined, there will be no menu upon clicking on the chart. The cursor in that case should remain in its default state instead of the hover/pointer cursor.
- Clicking on a chart will present the user with a pop-up menu with links once they have been set up.
- When at least one link is set up, we'll show the option to "manage links" which takes the user to the .yml file where the user can edit it. If possible, we should take the user the specific place in the file where they can define links for that chart.
- All links open in the same tab, with an option to right click and "open in a new tab"
|Once the links have been defined, they show up in that menu|
|This is what they look like on hover|