Engineering Research: Have a plan for Splitting analyze and build phases in Security Products analyzers
Problem to solve
This is a placeholder issue to keep going on Splitting analyze and build phases in Security Products analyzers since we've completed the POC but have no follow-up issue planned yet.
Explore and answer these questions:
- What's in scope, exactly? What can user expect once it's been implemented?
- What is the migration path? Is this going to be backward compatible? What is the granularity? Can we migrate one analyzer at a time?
- What Linux distributions are we going to support in the first iteration, and later?
- How long does it take to migrate an analyzer project? When do we expect the migration to be more expensive than average?
- How are we going to test this? What are we going to test, thus support?
- What should be deprecated?
If needed, create focused PoCs to answer these questions. These can be inspired from #13477 (closed).
This needs to be documented:
Is this a cross-stage feature?
Yes. This applies to all Security scanners of thestage.