CI_DEPLOY_* variables not set if gitlab-deploy-token is defined in group settings
As described here, you could add a special deploy token, which would be exposed as environment variables in a CI job. Doing so in a project works fine, but I need this deploy token to be valid for all projects in this group. So I added a group deploy token with the same name. Unfortunately after this change the CI_DEPLOY_USER and CI_DEPLOY_PASSWORD variables are undefined in the CI job.
Steps to reproduce
- Add a group deploy token with name 'gitlab-deploy-token'
- Run a CI pipeline in a project within this group.
- Created a deploy token in group level named
- Set group level environment variables
gitlab-deploy-tokenand the value thereof, respectively.
- Either provide the values automatically
- or add the workaround in the documentation
Example project: https://gitlab.com/justinvtime-test/test
Build with the project deploy token defined: https://gitlab.com/justinvtime-test/test/-/jobs/505669965
Build with the group deploy token defined: https://gitlab.com/justinvtime-test/test/-/jobs/505668102
What is the current bug behavior?
the CI_DEPLOY_USER and CI_DEPLOY_PASSWORD variables are undefined in the CI job
What is the expected correct behavior?
the CI_DEPLOY_USER and CI_DEPLOY_PASSWORD variables are defined in the CI job