Support multi-year releases
Problem to solve
Enterprise users may want to plan and schedule multi-year development projects and releases need to be scheduled in advanced in GitLab.
In evidence collection, we will want to leverage the released_at functionality to schedule a future collection and this will be in coordination with the release date as set by the user. We may want to update the documentation to reflect this is for annual planning or multi-year investments.
CreateEvidenceWorkerto accommodate scheduling releases up to 3 years
Permissions and Security
- This should follow releases permission
- This will need documentation
Availability & Testing
- We should see no impact on performance and users in Core should only be able to create releases for 3 months into the future
- Users in starter and premium should be able to create releases for 12 months
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
- ultimate users are scheduling releases into the future
What is the type of buyer?