Download daily coverage data
Problem to solve
Delaney has built a custom tool to download data through the GitLab API to the daily code coverage value for projects their team(s) work on to ensure that code coverage is not decreasing. This is repeated work for every project and for every Delaney and can easily break.
This will be a precursor to building a code coverage graph for users who just want the data now and do not want to or cannot build an API integration themselves.
- Add a drop down showing jobs that calculate coverage and a 'Download coverage data' button to the Analytics->Repository Analytics.
- A report with up to 90 days of data (one data point per day per job) will be downloaded as a CSV.
- Send a data point to snowplow of report downloaded with date/time stamp on it so we can capture usage of the feature.
Permissions and Security
- Update existing docs about test coverage parsing to reference where to find the button/download.
Availability & Testing
@zeffmorgan - do you have anything to add here?
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
- Success is customers start to download the report, some # of downloads or % of users who download in the first 90 days.
What is the type of buyer?
This is a feature for the Engineering Manager but will be offered at Core.