Add a link for edit custom metrics from charts - Final iteration
This is the final iteration to enhance Edit custom metrics from charts.
- Chart options dropdown has an
- The link correctly navigates the user to the custom metric page if the chart has single metric
- The link correctly navigates the user to Prometheus/edit page if the chart has multiple metric
This issue will achieve the following:
- Instead of navigating to another page, edit custom metric link should open the custom metrics form in a modal, similar to how Add new metrics modal works.
- The "save changes" button in this modal would be disabled until the user actually makes a change to the metric. Once they make a change to the metric, the "save changes" button will be enabled. 1 We should have success (or failure message) letting users know the metric has been updated.
|Edit metric modal (following the "Add metric" modal design)||Success (or failure) message to user when metric is updated|
If we plan to deprecate the custom metrics section altogether from the prometheus integration option, we might want to update our documentation from https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/integrations/prometheus.html