Ability to append user template to incoming service desk issues
- Exclusive ~"EE Premium" feature only
Users of the Service Desk desire a way to customize the issues created by the Service desk. Some items of interest are:
As a support manager, I'd like to assign a specific user all issues created by the Service Desk to a specific user.
As product manager, I'd like all service desk issues to be labeled with a specific label (eg.
- Allow the (optional) specification of a service desk issue template that would be appended to all service desk issues.
- This would allow the use of
quick actionsto assign the issue to specific people, apply labels, etc...
- This optional service desk issue template would be stored
.gitlab/issue_templatesand would be selectable within the configurations settings page.
The screenshot below shows an earlier iteration where the template would be edited inline of the settings page. The template text box will be replaced with a selector in which the user can select an existing file template.
We should be sure to note that the selected template will be
appended to the incoming issue within the UI.
The following is an initial list of expected documentation updates:
- Explain how to add an optional template to the issues created by the Service Desk
- Example showing how to use
quick actions(to assign to a user, add a label) with link to current
- Clarity that the template will be
appendedto the incoming issue email