Improve UX for Clusters workflows
In the last versions we released support for CI/CD > Clusters, and we iterated multiple times on the topic. We changed UX a few times, and decoupled issues to get the MVP done.
Now that the functionalities are done, it's time to take a look at the actual status and improve the UX of it.
Reconsider the whole gitlab-ce~2024184 of this feature, and improve the flow where needed. We need to achieve the following goals:
- ensure users have a clear idea about the flows they have to follow
- reduce the number of steps needed to get a new cluster
- improve the views to better show relevant data
It's mostly a gitlab-ce~2024184/gitlab-ce~3412464 issue, but it may require some gitlab-ce~2492649 too.
This is one thing we can improve: at the moment we have a first view, with the choice between GKE clusters or Kubernetes integration:
If you choose the first option, another page is shown with OAuth2 authentication in case it's not already done:
We can improve it in the following way:
- if the user already has OAuth2 done, show the existing page (and then you'll be brought to the creation form directly
- if the user doesn't have OAuth2 done, show the Sign in with Google button directly, instead of a separate page
So, we can avoid a page just for OAuth2.