Enable code navigation POC feature flag for everyone
Once the proof of concept is merged (#196514 (closed)) we should look at defaulting the
:code_navigation feature flag "on" so that it can ship to customers
- Team: Source Code Frontend
- Most appropriate slack channel to reach out to:
- Best individual to reach out to:
### What are we expecting to happen?
We should see LSIF code navigation for commits where the LSIF dump has been uploaded for.
What might happen if this goes wrong?
Depending on how the backend is done - I guess we could see issues on the infrastructure side?
What can we monitor to detect problems with this?
It is enabled for the internal Golang projects:
If applicable, any groups/projects that are happy to have this feature turned on early. Some organizations may wish to test big changes they are interested in with a small subset of users ahead of time for example.
Roll Out Steps
- Enable on staging
- Test on staging
- Ensure that documentation has been updated
- Enable on GitLab.com for individual groups/projects listed above and verify behaviour
Coordinate a time to enable the flag with
- Announce on the issue an estimated time this will be enabled on GitLab.com
Enable on GitLab.com by running chatops command in
Cross post chatops slack command to
#support_gitlab-comand in your team channel
- Announce on the issue that the flag has been enabled
- Remove feature flag and add changelog entry
After the flag removal is deployed, clean up the feature flag by running chatops command in